Much more than just a recommendation...

Back to member overview

Review of work in Yaxley

Review Date:
2nd October 2026

Summary:

Supplying and installation of fence

Comments:

Carried out in a polite and professional manner. Attention to detail and Extremely tidy. Would  recommend  for any ground works.

Review of work in Coates

Review Date:
28th September 2026

Summary:

New path, patio and landscaping 

Comments:

Gareth and Ian are two top guys their work is excellent they are clean tidy workers who do not leave the job until everything is spot on. I would absolutely recommend them

Review of recommended patio maintenance in Turves, Peterborough

Review Date:
17th August 2026

Summary:

Patio cleaned and repointed with a sealant to finish as discussed and agreed.

Comments:

Patio looks like new! A very good job completed in a short timescale during a heatwave.

Review of recommended gravel driveway installation in Ketton, Stamford

Review Date:
6th August 2026

Summary:

Installation of a gravel driveway section. Digging out and disposing of old materials then laying a concrete base, fabric membrane, roadstone and gravel plus concrete path edgings.

Comments:

I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend Gareth and Ian from S2F Groundworks. From the initial contact to obtain a quote through to completion of the project the team was professional in all respects and communication throughout was excellent.

The job was relatively small but still required several third parties to deliver/remove materials and equipment. All of this was timed and managed perfectly. The site was kept as clean and tidy as possible during the work and small things like filling in some top soil and moving spare gravel to the back of the house for us were much appreciated.

We are very happy with the end result and neighbours have commented positively both about the workmanship and professionalism of Gareth and Ian.

Review of recommended ground works and new driveway in Nottingham

Review Date:
3rd August 2026

Summary:

The work carried out by S2F Groundworks was quite extensive and involved laying an area of limestone slabs, installation of a new shed base and install of shed, land levelling and top soiling, and a block paved drive. In total, the works took almost three months 

Comments:

I have known Gareth and Ian for many years, so when this extensive groundwork project came up, there was no hesitation in giving them a call. They travelled out to Nottingham to provide a quote and left no stone unturned. They took the time to thoroughly assess every aspect of the job, going the extra mile to ensure their quotation was accurate and transparent. As a result, there were no unexpected costs or hidden extras throughout the project.

The work lasted almost three months, and throughout that time they arrived when scheduled and were on site every day until the job was completed. Their reliability, commitment, and work ethic were second to none. Gareth and Ian were always polite, courteous, and approachable, and were consistently available at the end of the phone whenever I had a question or needed an update. Most importantly, the quality of their workmanship is outstanding. Their attention to detail, knowledge, and pride in what they do is evident in every aspect of the finished project. The end result exceeded my expectations, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for professional, dependable, and high-quality groundwork services.

Thank you both for a fantastic job.

Review of recommended groundworks in Yaxley, Peterborough

Review Date:
1st July 2026

Summary:

Clearance and hard standing for patio and shed base.

Comments:

Gareth was excellent. Informative and friendly. Completed the work in a timely manner, left our garden clean and tidier than when he arrived. Was punctual and did a fine job for a good price. Would definitely use again.

Review of recommended groundworks in Peterborough

Review Date:
16th June 2026

Summary:

Major groundwork garden project, including laying of turf, some minor works.

Comments:

This significant project was carried out to the highest standard. Gareth and Ian, from our first meeting were courteous, professional, open and honest about the work. They made helpful suggestions. The work began on the agreed date, with all necessary materials and equipment delivered, just as they said it would. They were easy to have here, and worked in a very tidy and careful way. I have no hesitation in commending their work. 

Review of recommended groundworks & landscaping in Peterborough

Review Date:
8th June 2026

Summary:

Patio and garden groundwork, including extensive preparation, removal of the old patio, laying Indian sandstone, drainage/gravel edges, general finishing and surface protection. The work also included a new lawn, with levelling and new topsoil.

Comments:

Gareth and Ian were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Genuine, hardworking and straightforward, with great care and attention to detail. They were friendly, reliable and easy to have around, and we’re really pleased with the finished result. Highly recommended.

Review of recommended landscaping in Whittlesey, Peterborough

Review Date:
16th May 2026

Summary:

Patio slabs lifted and re-laid, installation of another small patio and gravel. 

Comments:

Being on a tight budget, I asked for patio slabs to be lifted and re-laid as they had sunk significantly. I wasn't able to get my husband into the garden in his wheelchair as it was uneven and looked a mess. I wanted another small area laid with slabs and some gravel used to make things look a bit nicer. Gareth was brilliant. He listened carefully to what I needed and as we discussed it I could tell he understood.

He told me there would be a weeks delay for the quote but sure enough he was true to his word. The quote was really good so I confirmed straight away I wanted him to do the work. He came back quickly with a date. He kept me informed all the time what was happening with skips etc, and did the work precisely as had stated. It looks beautiful, I couldn't be happier. I can now look forward to a summer of being able to use the garden with my husband.

Gareth and S2F has restored my faith in garden trades as I have been let down a few times. I will definitely use him again.

Review of recommended access ramp installer in Godmanchester

Review Date:
7th April 2026

Summary:

They fitted a much needed access ramp.  

Comments:

They were polite and on time, neat and tidy. The work was excellent. I would recommend them. 

 12 >>>

Safe Local Trades [email protected] 0800 014 1832 Allia Future Business Centre, Peterborough United Football Club, Peterborough, Cambs, PE2 8AN https://www.safelocaltrades.com/images/scaffolding/header-logo.png